Words may lie, but actions will always tell the truth
10 Healthy Habits to Nail this Week- Fit Sugar
Whether you aim to take on just a few, or you can knock ‘em all dead at once, here are 10 healthy habits to work towards this week. (And all year!)
- Exercise for 150 minutes this week. Whether you work out for 50 minutes three times a week or exercise every weekday for 30 minutes, 150 minutes is the bare minimum experts recommend to maintain heart and body health. For how much you should be exercising to lose weight, read here.
- Cook dinner every weeknight. Here’s a stay-on-track meal plan from nutritionist Cynthia Sass to help you plan your week.
- Make a water goal to hit every day, and then meet it. Calculate how much water you should be drinking here.
- Drink green tea. You’ll be boosting your metabolism and fighting disease with each mug.
- Eat a healthy breakfast every day. Forgo the pastry display for one of these healthy breakfast recipe ideas.
- Stretch. To improve flexibility and relieve aches, take three mornings this week to do a quick, gentle stretching sequence before you move on with your day.
- Eat a salad for lunch every day. It’ll help with your weight-loss goals but will also help you get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Here are 10 Winter salads to try.
- Take a break. Take time to de-stress, and have fun a few days this week with these stress-relieving tips.
- Say no to empty drink calories. At happy hour, stick to one (or no) low-calorie alcoholic drink, and order club soda or water for the rest of the time.
- Get more sleep. Getting better sleep gives you more energy, boosts your immune system, and helps you lose weight. Aim for at least seven hours every night this week. Check out our 20 simple ways to get better sleep for help.
Had a fun day with my hubby driving to Mt. Hood for lunch, maybe next time I’ll get the nerve to ski.
Page 1 of 11